Playlist - 6 November 2015

vendredi, novembre 06, 2015


Hellooooo humans, 


Quite a few interesting things have happened this week, including the announcement of my two favorite TV series coming back on the screens ! Also, One Direction's new album Made in the A.M will be out next week and I keep getting more and more excited about it as the boys are releasing the songs one at a time without any warning (and made a few statements on how the tracks have been inspired by many artists such as Paul Simon, Bruce Springsteen and Fleetwood Mac !!!). Let's get on with it !



John Lewis' 2015 Christmas Advert



  • I walk the line – Leonard Nimoy (it's official, Star Trek will be back on the little screen January 2017 ! Although this new 70s/80s reboot hype is making me slightly worried and kinda over-protective, I am very excited and it felt like the proper time to share some Leonard Nimoy x Johnny Cash).

  • A la volette – unknow (This is part of a French TV series called Kaamelott. I am well aware that it is not particularly interesting for you if you don't speak fluent French but it is my absolute favorite French show ever and its producer has just been given the rights for a big screen adaptation so !!!!).
  •  
     
  • History – One Direction (I absolutely love it for this one simple reason : it makes me happy. It has such a chill feel good vibe and it is the perfect demonstration of how much more mature the boys' music has become. No YouTube link for this one but you can listen to it on Spotify).

  •  The way that I live – Ben Harcourt (Burberry has released a video to celebrate the 15th birthday of the movie Billy Eliott. Although this is not their official christmas campain, it has got me into the christmas mood (like I needed anything). The Way That I Live featured in last year's advert and I have been listening to it pretty much every day since then).  

  • Half the World Away - Aurora (Oh my goodness, as I was writing about Christmas adverts I realized John Lewis HAS JUST RELEASED THEIR NEW ONE. And hear me out, they make the BEST Christmas ads. And as I thought it couldn't get any better...it is actually called "Man On The Moon"... The video and the music are absolutely stunning and I have just cried over 10 liters of unicorn tears... LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE).
     
  • Somewhere Only We Know - Lily Allen (Featured in John Lewis' 2014 Christmas ad. Ever since I started posting playlists I wanted to share this song with you because I actually listen to it on a daily basis. And although I wanted to wait a little bit closer to Christmas, John Lewis decided otherwise by posting their new video so here it is. I know this playlist is getting very christmassy but THERE'S NOTHING WE CAN DO ABOUT IT, CHRISTMAS IS ALL AROUnd... Sorry about that, I just got very excited). 

  • Lady d'Arbanville – Cat Stevens (me and my sister always play this song a lot when we are together because the Best Of Cat Stevens CD has been in our parents' car for literally all our lives and some things just never change).


  • Dust Bowl Children – Alison Krauss and Union Station (you always want a little bit of bluegrass in your life. At least I do because it makes me happy).

  • The Song – Lisa Hannigan (we were filming our short film today and one of my colleagues had the Song of the Sea on her laptop which reminded me of how much I love this film and its soundtrack. Beautiful, beautiful. Also I recommend you watch the Secret of Kells if you haven't already, it's by the same director). 

  • On Every Street – Dire Straits (because unless I'm very sick or too busy riding horses in Middle Earth I don't go a single day without playing some good old Dire Straits. Also that outro is one of the best things you will ever hear in your life and will make your road trips 200% more awesome. I'm talking from experience because this CD has also been in my parents' car for ever). 

I hope this playlist makes you happehh as well ! Thanks for reading and I hope you have a lovely weekend ! xxx









Bonsoir !  

Plusieurs choses excitantes ont eu lieu cette semaine. Tout d'abord il a été annoncé que mes deux séries favorites, Star Trek et Kaamelott, seront bientôt de retour sur nos écrans. Le nouvel album de One Direction sort la semaine prochaine et je suis de plus impatiente à mesure que les chansons sortent sur iTunes et Spotify (le groupe a annoncé qu'il s'était inspiré d'artistes tels que Paul Simon, Bruce Springsteen et Fleetwood Mac).


  • I walk the line – Leonard Nimoy (C'est officiel, Star Trek revient à la TV en Janvier 2017. Même si je suis assez sceptique face à cette nouvelle mode qui consiste à reprendre pratiquement tous les piliers de la pop culture des années 70/80, je n'en suis pas moins excitée. Quel meilleur moment donc, pour écouter Leonard Nimoy nous chanter du Johnny Cash? )  
 
  •  A la volette – Aucune idée  (Alexandre Astier a enfin obtenu les droits pour adapter Kaamelott au cinéma. Je sais, le changement de format peut faire un peu peur mais on parle d'Alexandre Astier et de Kaamelott donc je me contente de me réjouir et de lui faire confiance ! Oh et désolée, elle reste, la chanson....).

  • History – One Direction (J'aime énormément cette chanson pour la simple raison qu'elle rend heureux. Elle a une énergie particulière qui illustre parfaitement l'évolution de la musique du groupe. Pas encore de lien YouTube mais vous pouvez l'écouter sur Spotify si vous ne voulez pas la télécharger sur iTunes).

  • The way that I live – Ben Harcourt (Utilisée dans la campagne publicitaire de Noël de Burberry l'an dernier. Je l'ai écouté pratiquement tous les jours depuis. Oui, même au mois d’Août... ).  

  • Half the World Away - Aurora (Alors que j'écrivais sur les campagnes publicitaires de Noël, je me suis perdue sur YouTube pour remarquer que John Lewis a sorti sa nouvelle vidéo ce matin ! Pour ceux qui ne connaissent pas, c'est un peu l'équivalent anglais des Galeries Lafayette, très connu pour nous faire pleurer tous les ans avec leurs clips absolument magnifiques. Comme si ce n'était pas assez, celui de cette année s'appelle "Man on the moon" alors ÉVIDEMMENT la vidéo et la musique sont magnifiques et je viens de pleurer 10 litres de larmes de licorne). 

     
  • Somewhere Only We Know - Lily Allen (Reprise de Keane par Lily Allen, utilisée dans la sublime campagne publicitaire John Lewis de l'année dernière. Je voulais attendre encore un peu pour la partager avec vous mais voilà, Christmas is all around comme le chante Bill Nighy).

  • Lady d'Arbanville – Cat Stevens (C'est une des chansons que j'écoute souvent avec ma soeur parce-que le Best Of de Cat Stevens fait parti des CDs qui ont toujours été attachés à la voiture de nos parents et sur lesquels on a fait nos deux conduites accompagnées).


  • Dust Bowl Children – Alison Krauss and Union Station (Le bluegrass, c'est beau et ça rend heureux).

  • The Song – Lisa Hannigan (Alors qu'on était sur le tournage de notre court-métrage, une collègue m'a rappelé à quel point le film Le Chant de la Mer est magnifique. Je vous conseille également l'autre film d'animation du réalisateur irlandais, Brendan et le Secret de Kells. Les images et la musique sont absolument superbes). 

  • On Every Street – Dire Straits (Je trouve toujours une place pour un peu -beaucoup- de Dire Straits. La partie finale de ce morceau est à jouer très fort et en road trip, idéalement. Je dis ça par expérience parce-que On Every Street fait également parti des CDs attachés à la voiture de mes parents...).


    Bonne soirée et bon weekend ! xxx

You Might Also Like

2 commentaires

  1. this playlist makes me so excited for xmas omg it's next month !! I especially love On Every Street by Dire Straits, it brings me some memories ahah. I love your playlist.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. thank you. omg me too I'm already looking for christmas jumpers and decorations !! :-) ohh yees, I played it so many times in the car, I'm glad you like it ! <3

      Supprimer